Positive emotions at workplace play a very significant role in growth and development of an organisation.
For a clear understanding of the emotions at workplace , it is suggested that the following blogs may be read first:
Some of the positive emotions at workplace may be categorised as level of being comfortable,satisfied, enthusiastic, energetic and happy.It is to be noted, that positive emotions may be expressed to different levels by individual contributions and managers.In an organisation, individual contributors may tend to feel conformable more often than the managers. This may be due to managers being stressed out on account of multiroles. On the other hand, managers may feel more energetic,happy and enthusiastic than the individuals in the team.This may be on account of their role as a coach or facilitator in the team.
1. To enhance comfort level
It has been observed that following ways may increase the comfort level of your organisation members.
- Frequent meeting with managers and employees to facilitate one to one connection.
- Encourage team spirit .If the success is achieved,let it belong to team. On the other hand, if failure is there, the manager should tell that it is his failure, rather than ascribing it to the team.
- Evolve strategies for employees being heard and understood.
- Managers must act as coach, not as boss.
2. To enhance level of satisfaction
It has been found by researchers that accomplishing a task, which has a great impact on the team, makes them much more satisfied.Also the task or project must be challenging enough to invite great effort.Here are few tips to enhance the level of satisfaction at workplace.
- Good performance must be recognised
- Make the task much more challenging , so that employees are totally engaged in accomplishing it.
- Integrate the employees with vision, mission and goals of the organization.
3. To enhance level of enthusiasm
Some tips are as follows:
- Create opportunities for employees to learn from each other.
- Increase intra and inter-collaboration among teams
- Assign the work, based on the competency and strength of employees
To know more about us, please log in to the following website:
For corporate training programs on “Emotions Management at Workplace”. please contact us.
Animesh Rai is presently heading the Certification Programs vertical at Ripples. He is one of the co-founders of Ripples Learning Services. His penchant for growth, diversification, and expansion has helped Ripples to reach its present level. A strong inner passion to learn new things has transformed him into a specialist in the domain of human resource management, customer relationship management, team building, mentoring, leadership and consulting. He is a passionate traveler and has visited Turkey, Malaysia, Belgium, France, Holland, Dubai, Srilanka, and Nepal. He has also composed poems and firmly believes in team building. He possesses a B.Tech degree in Production Engg from the prestigious Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.